Evanston's Street Jam & Concert
Saturday, September 17th
ETHS Parking Lot at Church St. & Dodge Ave.
featuring live performances by some of our most talented community members
part of ECDC's weekly West End Market
Click Here for Details
National Night Out 2011
Inclement weather did not dampen the spirits of Evanston community members who came to Church & Dodge on August 2 to stand together against crime. ECDC Chairman Bill Logan, along with 5th Ward Alderman Delores Holmes and 2nd Ward Alderman Peter Braithwaite, welcomed Evanstonians and visitors to a Community Picnic and Candlelight Vigil, which culminated in the reading of the names of our fellow community members who have lost their lives to violence.
View Photos from the Event
photos by Heidi Randhava
ECDC Welcomes New Interim Director
Precious Wright, our former Interim Director and Program Manager, moved on to the position of CORE Employment Counselor and WILL Project Coordinator at Youth Job Center. We are pleased to announce that Precious is now serving as an ECDC Board Member.
I would like to make a donation to support the work of ECDC
Proceeds to benefit the Evanston Community Development
Corporation, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization
- Affordable Housing
- Workforce Development
- Business/Economic Development
• Offered Home Ownership Classes to Evanston residents.
• Marketed 5 single-family homes geared towards those making 80% of less of the median income.
• Encouraged local policy development geared towards supporting and retaining Evanston families.
• Started the Church Dodge Merchant Association
• In conjunction with HODC, helped leverage $6.6 million of LIHTC to be invested on the Westside.
• Worked with individuals regarding full-time employment.
• Applied for $690,000 worth of grants outside of Evanston
• Hosted two National Night Out picnics for community members
• Hosted Westside Story II in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce
• Counseled local businesses
• Assisted in resume building
For more information on how you can participate:
Call: (847) 756-0159