Affordable HousingThe Westside of Evanston is considered one of the least expensive areas of Evanston, yet the rapidly rising cost of housing has meant that a number of Evanston families are having a hard time finding a place to live in Evanston. ECDC is interested in ensuring that there remains affordable housing stock on the Westside of Evanston to retain long time Evanston families and to support those who want to own their own homes. ECDC encourages the building of new homes, and the rehabilitation of existing homes, as affordable for-sale housing. ECDC works with for profit and not for profit developers to increase the affordable housing stock on the Westside of Evanston.
- Organize Home Ownership Series
- Provide Information Sessions on Predatory Lending and ARMS
- Market single family homes to households making 80% or less of the median income in conjunction with the Evanston Housing Coalition
- Encourage and support the efforts of existing local not-for-profit developers (Community Housing Development Organizations CHDOs)
- Support local affordable housing policies
- Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance